This recipe features juicy, golden, pan-fried drum fillets in a zingy cream sauce.
- 6 medium to small drum fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (suggest a no-salt or low-salt variety)
- Flour for dredging
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sprinkle fillets lightly with salt and pepper, garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Coat lightly with flour.
- Add butter and oil to a frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the fillets. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the minced garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken broth to the pan with remaining drippings. Let it bubble for about 30 seconds.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the cream and remaining 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning.