These skewers are quick and easy to make and taste terrific. With tender top sirloin, you don't need to marinate a long time to tenderize the meat, just long enough to impart the flavors of the citrus and garlic marinade.
- 1 cup margarita mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound top sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pound shrimp (16-20 count) peeled and deveined
- 8 metal or bamboo skewers, soak bamboo in water 30 minutes
- 16 mushrooms with stems
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large red or green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Combine margarita mix, salt, sugar, garlic, and vegetable oil in mixing bowl. Toss sirloin cubes in marinade solution and soak 30 minutes refrigerated.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. We like the Big Green Egg.
- Assemble skewers; alternate sirloin chunks with shrimp and veggies, beginning and ending with mushrooms as shown. Brush with remaining marinade. Grill to desired doneness, turning once, approximately 10 minutes total at 350° for steak to be cooked medium-rare to medium.