4 trout filets
1 cup milk, or as needed
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup grated Romano cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 cup olive oil
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 cup white wine
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 ounce Grand Marnier liqueur
**Optional – Place individual filets between pieces of Saran wrap. Gently press with the palm of your hand and pat away any moisture with paper towel. (Filets can be left as-is, if desired.)
- Place filets in bowl and add milk to cover; soak 30 minutes.
- Mix bread crumbs, Romano cheese, and parsley together in another bowl. Remove filets from milk and dredge in crumb mixture until each piece is evenly coated. Place on a cookie sheet and sprinkle additional crumb mixture over filets. Refrigerate 20 mins.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook filets until lightly browned, 2- to 3-minutes per side.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Transfer filets to lightly buttered baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Top filets with thin slices of lemon and bake in preheated oven until filets are firm and flaky, about 15-minutes.
- While filets are baking – remove all but about 1-tablespoon olive oil from the skillet. Add wine and bring to boil while scraping the browned bits off the bottom with a wooden spoon. Add chicken broth and lemon juice and continue boiling until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Grand Marnier.
- Remove filets from oven and drizzle with sauce mixture.